PRICE SLASHED to run out the stock!
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD). Ships worldwide.
Free Shipping Worldwide on orders over AUD$100
This is our OORRiginal jersey, launched back in 2013. Designed with performance and comfort as the priority, this is the jersey to outshine it's rivals in every way, and do it using 100% recycled materials.
The OORRiginal features:
- Flatlock stitching, to achieve optimal comfort at the seams and keep a closer profile next to the skin
- Very lightly brushed fabric on the skin side for a softer feel, and to aid moisture absorption
- Snug fitting Raglan sleeves
- Snug club style fit.
- Full-length YKK Natulon front zipper - made from 100% recycled PET bottles
- OORR proprietary fabric - 100% recycled PET (plastic bottles)
- Fused with anti-odour nanotechnology that won't wash out
- Mesh panels on the side and through the armpits to aid in heat evacuation from your hotspots
- 3 Generous rear pockets with reflective detailing
- Additional reflective zippered pocket
- Headphone hole for internal routing of your cable from right rear pocket
- Pump holder - to secure your mini-pump in the middle rear pocket
- Asymmetric design with right sleeve logo and left sleeve reflective detailing
- Embroidered recycled sign on right breast - a subtle indicator that you're riding green
- Silicon waistband with an unbroken bead of silicon, so your jersey stays where you want it
- Reflective logo at rear of collar and pockets
No Returns on this item - stock levels low and pricing to run out stock
What our customers are saying...
“Premium kit - I love this jersey for it's snug fit, snappy design & yes it remains odourless after a long hot ride. Just ridden a month in Spain & got lots of 'that's a nice top' from other riders - then I told them it about the coffee infused material!” Bob
“Happy Kickstarter Backer - I find that it actually doesn't get as smelly as my other jerseys after being out on a long ride and chucked in the wash basket so I think the coffee grounds anti odour treatment genuinely works. I highly recommend the jersey”.- Matt
“The fabric is something else - I have a few jerseys at home, but none of them are like this one. It's light and aero, but unlike my other jerseys, you can wear it when it's very hot, or very humid, or both and then also wear it when the temperature starts to drop.” - Adam
“Sensational kit - I own way too many kits. However, when I first saw this kit and the environmental effort put into the back end, I had to get it. To be honest, a lot of my other kits are high end name brands. So I honestly wasn't expecting much. I just wanted to encourage the OORR team. However, this kit is one of my favourite kits now. It is very much worth purchasing.” - Darkelf921
“Great fitting bib shorts! - One of the best chamois I've owned. Shorts fit really well, stay firmly in place and the chamois is super comfy. I've reverted to longs in the winter, so glad spring is on so I can break these shorts out again! Gear up and be Rule #53 compliant!” - Jeremy
“Awesome.. My friend and I bought the top end cycle jersey this year and it is absolutely awesome. Firstly, I like the focus on environmental sustainability but quite apart from that there isn’t another cycle jersey on the market that comes close to comfort and style.” - Phil
“Good Kit, Good Ethics - Tim was great to deal with when I wanted to swap out for another size (I'm 6'7" so always struggle to buy online and get it right first time).. all fits great and it's my go-to kit, especially if it's warm out. Quality appears to be up there with other top brands, and it looks fantastic.” - James
“OORR’s new kit is very impressive, providing the same kind of fit and feel as performance-oriented apparel from established brands such as Assos and Castelli” - CyclingTips.com.au
“There is a stigma that "green" often means compromised performance, but that is not the case with the OORR kit.” - Roadbikerider.com
“The science behind the kit material research and production is evident in the superior nature of the finished product… Ride, Look Fabulous, Save the World” - LaVelocita.cc
As cyclists, many of us are as passionate about our coffee as we are about our cycling. At OORR, we have now distilled these two passions beautifully into our apparel.
Our latest range White Noise is now available and are made with unique fabric, incorporating used coffee grounds (yes, you read that correctly!) and recycled plastic bottles (polyester).
Not only does this combination look and feel OORRsome, however, the technical performance is also arguably better than fabrics used by other high-end manufacturers.
Take a look at our Kickstarter film below to get the full low-down on how we started.
The coffee acts as a disruptor to the smooth surface of the yarn, and although you can't see or feel the difference, this feature gives the fabric much more surface area. Having more surface area enables the fabric to wick moisture more effectively and dry 50% faster than other technical polyester fabrics. It also has more surface area to refract sunlight, thereby improving UV protection. Finally, the very nature of coffee is deodorising, giving the fabric permanent anti-odour qualities.
(Flight attendants use ground coffee to neutralise smells in stinky aircraft toilets!)
#NB; The Frogskin technology is no longer used. More on that here
During the Design Phase, we tried and tested many different ideas, but there were only a few that really resonated with our team personally. The designs that made it have purpose, and are highly functional, without losing any degree of style.
We also managed to use our founder's experience as an Airline Pilot in some of our products, utilising the same pattern of contrasting diagonal lines found in aircraft flight decks on our clothes, to make sure our riders stay safe on the road.
Used coffee grounds are taken, then run through a patented process and mixed with PET to create yarn. That yarn is then blended with another made from recycled plastic bottles to produce our one of a kind high-tech, eco-friendly fabric which then - with the help of our skilled team - get turned into the jerseys, bibs and apparel that you know and love!
The fabric we use to make our garments are made with between 25% - 100% recycled materials, depending on the garment and the majority of OORR production is carried out in one city, reducing carbon emissions further through cutting transportation requirements.
The fabric is made in Bluesign or Oeko-Tex certified facilities (the gold standard for eco-friendly textile production), guaranteeing the highest attention to detail when it comes to reducing harmful chemical waste during production, and recycling of wastewater.
We also use carbon neutral shipping within Australia via Sendle, and all of OORR packaging is made using recycled or eco-friendly materials. We've also chosen not to manufacture swing tags for our new range (knowing that these are the first thing to get thrown straight in the bin!) - instead electing to maintain online access to hang tags that our customers can view long after they've received their garment.
What all of this means is that the fabric used in our apparel dries faster, defeats odours, and has a higher UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) than our competitors, plus saves the equivalent of around 1.7l of Petrol and has a significant impact on lowering our Carbon Footprint.
Our range of OORR products all feature our key signature features
- Better moisture wicking than our competitors
- Sun protection (UPF 50+ in the pro range)
- Odour control. No need to throw out your jersey/gym top just because it stinks.
And our activewear range is perfect for a range of fitness pursuits, from Gym workouts to TRX training and running (as well as post-training coffee, of course..!)
You can buy true to size for a figure-hugging fit, or size up if you prefer a looser cut, and our products also boast abrasion-resistant, four-way stretch material, meaning nothing is going to hold you back.
"I've tested a lot of kit through my years riding and for me, a heavy sweater, this is by far the most breathable and comfortable cycling kit. Plus, I love, love, LOVE how the dazzle kit looks and feels!" - Loren Rowney, Former Pro Cyclist for World Tour Team Orica
"I ride about 25 hours a week, and I've been putting this kit through the ringer for months! It's comfortable, fits like it did on day one, and still looks great!" - Aaron Bicknell, Pro Rider Team Mobius
We make high-performance fabric with coffee yarn - proprietary to OORR.
All of our jerseys use this technology, and we're the only manufacturer in the world currently offering this unique option for your cycling or athletic apparel needs.
Take your passion for sustainability, coffee and fitness to the next level with OORR.
Performance Wear for the Planet
Demanding performance from your apparel shouldn't cost the earth - and we're not talking dollars here. OORR is proof that using recycled products does not mean you must sacrifice performance, comfort or style.
We exist to make a positive difference to the planet through performance wear.
- We manufacture the world’s most eco-friendly performance apparel using used coffee grounds and recycled materials.
- We donate 50% of our profit to environmental causes and make a real impact on helping children in poverty
- We plant 5 trees for every garment we sell
We create the world's best performing apparel using recycled and sustainable methods.
We challenge consumer perception of recycled materials, and changing purchasing habits, effecting a shift in the broader market towards production that is good for the planet.
By contributing part of our profit to aid social and environmental causes and creating real, tangible impact.
3 principles for the planet
- By producing recycled products. One example – in our recycled Polyester, by Unifi, there are 3 steps to manufacturing the yarn from post-consumer PET bottles. To make virgin polyester, you have to start by mining the oil – and it takes 9 steps. Recycling reduces landfill, ocean pollution, energy use and chemical waste.
- Carbon neutral shipping. All of the OORR products are shipped within Australia using our carbon neutral shipping partner, Sendle. Trackable, more convenient, easier, and cheaper than Aus post.
- Planting trees. OORR commits to planting 5 trees for every garment we sell. This acts to combat deforestation, and the resulting forest enables more carbon to be removed from the atmosphere and stored – plus it provides employment for local communities, and restores habitat and biodiversity.
We're only getting started
So far, we have saved the equivalent amount of carbon emissions produced by a car driving Syd to PER and back again – and that’s only including our fabric production, and we’re only just getting started.
- 10,000 trees planted through Eden projects
- 540kg carbon emissions saved* – via use of recycled materials in fabric – equivalent to emissions from driving over 11,475km
- Carbon Neutral shipping via Sendle
- Saved Xkw of energy - that's how much an average home uses in one year
- Diverted 540kg of harmful landfill
- 260m2 rainforest rescued via Rainforest rescue
*Carbon calculations: 5500m of polyester @135gsm and 1000m Nylon @250gsm (both 1.55m wide) = 1350kg. Roughly 40% recycled content (30% for poly and 75% for nylon). 540kg. 1Kg saves energy and emissions equivalent of 1.7L petrol (reprieve figures). Assume approx 8L/100km fuel consumption.
We uphold the highest global standards
As a certified B Corp, we are the change we want to see in the world. B Corp certification is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee.
All fabric manufacturing is guaranteed to meet the highest environmental standards.
Every garment in the current range consists of between 30%-75% recycled materials, with the look and feel of virgin fibres.
Appealing to my inner greeny (and want for my children to inherit a better, cleaner earth), I decided to search for some eco fabrics suitable for use in cycling. I soon learned that no one was doing recycled fabric jerseys off the rack - a fact I could hardly believe (just try to find them anywhere else!) Additionally, the fabric that was available was uncomfortable, and didn't look great either. Bringing technical knowledge of cooling and aerodynamics from my background as an airline pilot, coupled with great attention to detail, I am turning my ideas into reality for the benefit of us all.
- Tim Christian, Founder, OORR
We're a member of the Better Business Partnership, and a certified member of B Corporation - focusing on ethical, sustainable business practices.